Learn how to do medicine ball power press toss ups for height. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
There's a reason NBA players have such big shoulders. For this exercise, you'll use a medicine ball to throw high vertical tosses as you power out of a squat. The high throwing and catching actions will stretch and contract your shoulders, while the squat gains an added intensity from the weight of the ball.
Either outdoors or in a room with a high ceiling, stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a medicine ball in both hands at your chest and look straight up toward the ceiling.
1. From the starting position, sit deep into a squat, pressing your hips back as you keep your back flat. As you descend, keep the majority of your weight back on your heels while still applying pressure through the balls of your feet.
2. From the bottom of your squat, explode powerfully upward through your legs as you toss the medicine ball as high as you can, straight up into the air.
3. Keep your arms extended while the ball is in the air so that you can catch it with arms outstretched upward. When you catch the ball, use the ball's momentum to ease it back to your chest, and immediately drop into another squat. Repeat the squat-toss sequence for a total of 12 tosses.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades