Learn how to do stability ball skiers. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
This abdominal exercise is about maintaining strength and control throughout a twisting motion. Your shoulder endurance will also come into play during this one as you are forced to maintain a completely stable upper body during a very dynamic lower body and hip movement. Keep the movement controlled and you'll see results.
With your body in a modified plank position, place your hands on the floor and a stability ball under your shins. Your knees and hips should be bent at right angles.
1. From the starting position, slowly twist and lower your hips to one side.
2. As you lower your hips, the stability ball should roll so that you end the exercise with your feet on top of each other and the side of one calf flat on the ball. Be careful not to go too fast—you do not want to tip off the ball, or let it shoot away. The position of your upper body should not change. The more you keep your hips over your knees, the easier the movement will be.
3. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat the exercise with your hips going the other direction. Alternate skiers for a total of 16 (8 on each side).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades