Learn how to do wide grip pull ups on Gravitron with slow negatives. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The Gravitron machine is excellent for pull-ups because it provides you with the support to do pull-ups while maintaining proper form, allowing you to max out your muscles. The wide-grip pull-ups focus the work on your lats in particular. For this variation, you'll lower down from the top of the pull-up slowly for a count of five in order to work the muscles even more.
Stand on the platform of a Gravitron machine and hold on to the grips at the top with your hands wide (about six to eight inches more than shoulder-width apart on each side) and your palms facing away from you. Step off of the platform and onto the foot rests, allowing your body weight to bring you down until your arms are fully extended. Note: If you are strong enough to do these pull-ups without the Gravitron machine, do them on a regular pull-up bar instead.
1. From the starting position, lift yourself up until your head fully clears the Gravitron's grips and your shoulders are almost touching the grip bars. Keep your posture tall, neck in line with your spine, shoulder blades retracted, and chest up in order to keep the work in your lats throughout.
2. From the top, reverse position and lower yourself very slowly back down to starting position. You should count down as you descend, ensuring that you take a full count of five seconds to return to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades