Learn how to do chest focused Gravitron dips. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Tricep dips and pull-ups are both great strength-training exercises, but many people without a lot of upper-body strength can't maintain proper form or do enough of them to reap their full benefits. Enter the Gravitron machine, which allows you to perform these exercises while setting different weight levels that you lift or dip. By taking a percentage of your body weight off the table, you can do more reps and maintain proper form, allowing you to build up strength quickly. These Gravitron machine dips work similar to standard dips. By leaning over when you do them, you work both the pectoral muscles in the chest and the triceps.
Chest and triceps
Set the weight setting, then step up on the platform of the Gravitron machine. Set the Gravitron dip handles in the wide setting. Grasp the handles in each hand and step off the platform onto the foot bar. Lean your upper body over significantly until you can feel your chest supporting a lot of your weight; for this exercise you want a lot of the burden on your chest muscles. Push up with your chest and straighten your arms with your triceps until you are as high as you can go while maintaining the leaned-over position. Your arms will not straighten fully, keeping your pectoral muscles engaged.
1. From the starting position, slowly lower your body down into the dip. Be sure to continue to lean forward as you descend. Lower yourself down until your body is parallel to your arms; do not go any lower or your shoulders will have to do the work. Focus on keeping the pectoral muscles engaged and working.
2. When you have reached the bottom of the movement, reverse the motion and push yourself up again until you are back at the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades