Learn how to use a heavy boxing bag to do squat thrust push ups with power double punches. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The squat thrust push-up develops explosive leg power plus chest and shoulder strength. The power double punch is a straight shot from both shoulders; the farther the bag swings, the more strength you need to manage its return.If you keep up the pace and take each motion to full extension, you'll get your heart rate up as well.
Stand behind a heavy punching bag with your feet hip-width apart. Sit down into a deep squat, pressing your hips back and down and bringing your chest forward until you are able to put both hands on the floor, with your hands wide of your feet.
1. From the starting position, kick your feet back into the push-up position in one fluid motion.
2. Next, perform a push-up. Slowly bend your arms and descend toward the floor. Keep your neck in line with your spine throughout; do not jut your chin out towards the floor at the bottom of the movement. Stop when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
3. Reverse position and push back up to the plank position. Do not lock your elbows at the top of the push-up.
4. Immediately lift up your feet and shoot them back towards your hands, landing them back at the starting position.
5. From the squat, press swiftly and forcefully to standing, and immediately perform a double punch. Starting with elbows bent slightly behind you and your fists bunched, punch both fists straight and powerfully into the bag, following through so that your arms come to full extension as the bag swings away.
6. As the bag comes back, catch the swing with your fists out and control its momentum toward your body, blocking it with your chest and bringing your elbows back to your sides.
7. Once the bag is still, and as quickly as possible, drop into the squat once again and repeat the push-up to punch sequence, for a set of 12 repetitions of the entire e
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course