Learn how to do medicine ball scoop tosses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
A medicine ball scoop toss engages your core to stabilize against a strong throwing motion, which itself targets your shoulders. Be sure to throw from your shoulders and not your back.
Stand upright facing a wall at a distance of five or six feet. Stand with your feet shoulder distance apart and a medicine ball held down in front of your upper legs, with palms facing in toward each other.
1. From the starting position, keep both arms straight and, using a powerful scooping motion, throw the ball up and forward, bouncing it off the wall. Use your center to stabilize your body against the throwing motion. Be sure to keep your arms extended so that you use your shoulders and not arms or back to throw the ball.
2. When the ball rebounds of the wall, catch the ball in both hands as it returns and use your front deltoids, in the front of your shoulder, to control the downward push of the ball and lower it back to the starting position, maintaining your stability again through your abs.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades