Learn how to do stability ball backbend holds. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Do as gymnasts do: This exercise develops flexibility, balance, and core strength. Practice this exercise with a stability ball under you until you develop enough strength and flexibility to do it unassisted.
Choose a stability ball that comes just higher than your knees. Sit on the ball and put your feet on the floor.
1. From the starting position, slide backward until your lower back is on the ball, making sure to keep your feet on the floor.
2. Reach back with your arms until your hands are on the floor with your fingertips pointing toward you and your hands a little more than shoulder-width apart.
3. Press upward through your center, lifting your back above the ball. Hold for 10 seconds.
After you have mastered this exercise using the large stability ball, you may move on to using a smaller ball. Eventually, you can progress to doing the exercise on the floor, starting with your back on the floor, knees bent, feet flat, and hands positioned behind you with fingertips pointing toward you.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades