Learn how to use a medicine ball to do a squat thrust with a wall rebound. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Stand upright facing a wall at a distance of five or six feet, with a medicine ball held in both hands. Your hands should be at chest level, and your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
1. From the starting position, lower the medicine ball to the floor by pushing your hips back in a squat. Keep your back flat and close your hip angle. Keep the majority of your weight back on your heels while still applying pressure through the balls of your feet. As you descend, lower the ball until it rests on the floor in front of your feet, with your hands curved over the top.
2. Keeping your hands on top of the ball and your shoulders directly above your hands, pop your feet back behind you into a plank, or push-up, position. Your back should be flat and your abs engaged to keep your hips from dropping toward the floor. In the plank position, your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
3. From the plank position, engage your abs and thrust through your legs to jump back up to the squat position. Your shoulders should stay over the ball as you complete this motion, which will bring you back to the squat, with the ball still on the floor.
4. From the squat, open your hip angle and straighten your legs to return to standing, keeping your back flat as you rise, and bringing the medicine ball off the floor in your hands until you return to the starting position.
5. From the starting position once again, throw the medicine ball at the wall and catch it as it bounces back to you. Extend your arms and push through your shoulder to throw; bend your elbows as you catch the ball.
6. You will now once again be at the starting position. Repeat the squat-plank-toss sequence for a total of 12 repetitions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades